An Important Lesson I Learnt in Offline Classes

I was writing just a few posts these days because I was busy with several things to know and learn. I experienced many activities for the first time, the prime being living on my own, including doing basic stuff like cleaning, washing, etc., all thanks to offline classes.

Offline Classes have merits and demerits compared with online classes, but while comparing, We must take the similarities into account. All comparable things have some similarity, that’s why we compare them; to know which is better in a particular aspect.

Coming to the point, I learned that there are people of different and sometimes clashing mindsets, and you have to maintain your sanity while living or engaging with them.

Some behave in a way that reflects that they think they know everything; they never acknowledge that they might be wrong. Some talk in a way that sometimes is good and the reverse. Some are privileged while having a successful path in the past and think that they will succeed only based on their previous success. This mindset is more common than you think. I also possessed this mindset before, so I know its consequences.

In addition, I faced ‘fake confidence’. It influenced me profoundly. It is indicated when a person says or behaves in a wrong way but shows the opposite- with confidence. It is challenging to manage this phenomenon. Unlike most students and me, I also encountered people who had wealthy families and better opportunities and thus a better past. It made me feel low on my capabilities. I thought that they had a better exposure than I in a field. Therefore, their skill level must be more than mine. Now I realise that this is not always true, hopefully. A person can develop her skill set by working on it. It doesn’t always require things that come from privileges.
 
Living with these wrong mindsets while focusing on your path is not easy; it’s a skill indeed. It’s a skill that directly links to a quality called perseverance. It is an invaluable skill and a considerable determinant of success.

The bottom line is that people have mindsets from all ends of the possible mindset spectrum, including wrong, neutral-depending on the situation and perspective, and right. So, we need to think before accepting thoughts as facts, remember our aim and be aware of fake confidence.

0 comments