Views on offline classes after attending online classes for about 2 years

The whole covid time was shocking for me, primarily because my daily schedule was changed completely. I only thought about online classes as a child when I didn’t want to go to school. LOL. After that, I never thought about it. 

2020 was a crucial year for me because I was in class 12th and preparing for the famous and hyped exam- JEE. We had 2 attempts then, and I had to improve my score in the 2nd one. But before that, lockdowns were imposed, and classes started going online. 


It was scary for me to change the way I studied back then. I thought online classes weren’t as good as offline ones. I was later proved wrong by myself and time.


Slowly, I adapted to the online learning mode and started noticing many of its benefits in learning. 

  • More time to study
  • Saves money
  • Possibility to learn at your own pace up to a greater extent than in offline classes.
  • Less time-wastage than offline classes (including class noise, transportation, etc.)
  • Having more time for hobbies


Note that the above advantages only hold true when you want to take advantage.

The benefits give a false impression that online classes are better than offline classes. I also thought the same, but later I realised that online classes are better for studies. Still, offline classes are better for holistic development. It is because real life should not be lived in a fixed room but between people, where we can learn managing people and other unignorable aspects of life. It teaches us how to be on our own to a greater level and forces us to learn necessary non-study skills. It means that offline too has a lot of benefits.


I have heard from most places that students are facing problems studying in online classes. I don't agree to this because it's a matter of self-discipline. Studying can be efficiently done in online classes. Many have done this and they aren't exceptions. As far distractions are concerned, students get distracted in offline classes, not through the internet but other things, such as mind-wandering during classes. 


This perspective altered my view of seeing offline classes. And I want to conclude in 1 sentence: Though online classes are better for studying, that is one aspect of life, offline classes are better for all aspects of life.


Thanks for reading


0 comments